What to bring
- Identity Card
- Cash – between RM50 to RM100, small notes, for light shopping to excite small businesses along the rally route
- Salt in small packets – to neutralize the effect of tear gas and to avoid yourself from choking should you inhale it.
- Towel or cloth – in case sprayed with chemicals
- Pen and Notepad – to take down policeman’s name and ID number, and questions asked by police if arrested.
- Camera, Video Camera, Smart Phone – remember to water-proof them with a plastic bag.
- A bottle of water or isotonic drink.
- Some chocolate bars – to revitalise yourself if you need to run for it
- Personal medical necessities – inhalers, diabetic medicine, insulin medicine etc.
- Some basic first aid such as plasters
Things to do
- Inform someone you’re attending Bersih 3.0 rally – family members or friends
- Password protect your phone.
- Use public transport such as buses, trains, LRT, monorail – roads to the rally area could have been closed
- Make friends with others going to Bersih by bus, train, LRT, monorail: you need teamwork, help and tips
- Follow instructions; identify your Field Commander; move in groups.
- Keep cool – don’t provoke police or DBKL
NOT TO DO
- Don’t provoke police or DBKL. The worst thing is you get arrested. Lawyers are already at police stations for any early arrests.
NOT TO BRING
- Jewellery – leave your Rolex and gold bracelets at home.
- Wallet or purse – roll up your cash and your IC with a rubber band and keep it in your front pocket.
- Slippers or high heels
- Sharp or dangerous objects
- credit cards
- Expensive watches
- Notebook computrers
- and whatnot.